|Frequently Asked Questions|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What differentiates Harris Institute from other schools?
1. It is the only school with graduates who have won all the major music, film and television awards – Grammy, Emmy, JUNO, Oscar and Canadian Screen Awards.
2. It is the only school where over 60% of its faculty have won awards for what they teach and it has the highest teacher/student ratio of any school at 1 to 1:3.
3. It is the only school featured in both Billboard Magazine’s ‘Top 11 Schools’ and Mix Magazines ‘Audio Education’s Finest’. It ranked #1 with A+ in the ‘Media Arts Education Report’ and is the only private school “highly recommended”.
4. It is the only school where graduates are eligible for scholarships to earn Degrees and Master’s Degrees.
5. It is the only school to have achieved four 0% ‘Student Loan Default Rates’.
6. The Arts Management Program is the only college program to have achieved eight 0% Default Rates and the Audio Production Program has achieved six.
7. It has delivered innovative educational programs with the International Fund for Ireland, the Moscow International Film School, the University of the West of Scotland, Edinburgh Napier University and Nashville’s ProMedia Training.
8. Over 70% of students have previous post secondary education and the average age is 24.
9. International students have come from 138 countries during the college’s twenty-eight year history.
10. Harris institute combines the skills development approach of a college program with the comprehensive approach of a Master’s Degree.
11.The college is located in the downtown core of one of the worlds most vibrant and multicultural cities.